2012年7月15日 星期日

My First Encounter with African Culture - Music and Dance



Well~!! All form 5 students were participated in post-examination activity after  lunch on 27th June, 2012.The motif of the activity is about African drums which aim at let students enable to familiar with more Africa's culture and tradition as well as attempt to beating the drum ! It sounds glamorous and novel !!


For frank,I hadn't any interest in this event initially,it is because the activity hold on the covered  playground where is without  air-conditioned !!!OMG!!! How could I endure to sit under the scorching and sultry weather for several hour!!! I think it is an arduous mission without a doubt !!!! Are you kidding me !!!???

   From day by day,the activity day was come soon!!the leisure day!the free day! All students were assembled at the cover playground to waited for the performances. In my retrospect,there were approximate more than one hundred  African drums on the back of covered playground which were various size and garnished with some ropes,it had a savor of African!!  Nevertheless,there hadn't adequate of drums offered for all students and we need to share the drums with other.Of course, everyone had a chance to beating the drum!!At first,the performer ration out the drums for students ,i also got one and endeavored to play the drum arbitrarily.By and by,the experienced performer began to taught us some basis tempo and sang a tribal song.From nowhere,we gradual could beat and sang in unison.

  The most impress is,the principal , Mr. Wu , some school assistants and students joining the group and showing their talent in dancing the ‘African’way who were led us to play the drums with rhythm. Moreover,it also can train our team sprirt
and creativity!!

   I were greatly heartened by the enthusiastic performances from the performer and teachers in the post-examination activity.Though the weather was hot,yet I thoroughly felt contented and enjoy the activity. 

10 則留言:

  1. I have same view with you in the original - can not endure to sit under the scorching and sultry weather for several hour,in order to conduct an activity. But in the end, I also changed my mind, because I can saw the other side of the teacher in this activity.

    回覆刪除
  2. I discover that many people hate hot weather ,includeing me.I hate sultry weather!! But I am really enjoy to playing the drum ...... Maybe we can playing the African Drum with air conditioner next time? HAHA!!!
    (p.s Wo~you really good at English!!)

    回覆刪除
  3. HaHa~I absolutely understand that day was really hot which have not air-conditioned .
    Although this,try to think other view,African drum can give people enthusiasm feeling ,on cover playground
    play African drum is suitable:)

    回覆刪除
  4. YEAH~ I think that day is genuinely hot!! But this activity is so awesome!! Everyone is enjoys it. African drum make me relax and as on the nature.

    回覆刪除
  5. I think it is very hot in that day and to site in the cover playground to join the activity.I tink this activity is very interest because we have achance to play African drums:)

    回覆刪除
  6. The cover playground was so hot, we had some fans but it was not enough all the form 5 students . At the end ,I was really enjoy the show.

    回覆刪除
  7. yes, it was scorching hot that day, but it would not be the real African experience if we stayed in an air-conditoned room when playing the African drums and dancing the African dance. Moreover, it is a good chance for us to enjoy the fresh air, which is not only good to health, but also more environmentally friendly by not using the air-conditioners.

    The African Drum and Dance session has enabled us a time to relax and enjoy after the examinations.

    回覆刪除
  8. I absolutely agree that the day which we had the activity was very hot.School didn't offer air-conditioner to us,I think if school offer it to us,that day would be more and more perfect!

    回覆刪除
  9. Wow I am so lucky that
    can enjoyed the event that day !!it was so funny and interesting hahah

    回覆刪除
  10. oh yes, fortunately, all students gathered in the covered playground waiting performances, we will not feel hot...

    回覆刪除